Thursday, October 23, 2008

To be perfectly honest....

To be perfectly honest, I am not a librarian.

Not yet.

I'm only a library page who facilitates the flow of materials at the Omaha Public Library. (We have over 10 branches, in case any visitors were curious, but still our name remains in the singular.) I love working in libraries, and have volunteered for the Elkhorn Public Library for four years, and worked for Omaha Public Library for about three years (This count is consecutive--volunteered from 2002 to 2006, and worked from January 2006 to the present.)

Obviously, I am a book addict, and have been a regular library goer since I was a baby. It just makes sense for me to continue to be in libraries.

Would it any surprise if I tell you I plan to become a librarian? After I finish my English degree here at UNO in Spring of 2010, I will continue on to a masters in Library Science from Mizzou that fall. I've known that I wanted to be a librarian since I was a sophomore in high school.

So, yes, technically I am not a librarian in job title...yet. But I am a librarian in spirit, so grant me this concesssion--I am Holly the Librarian.

No comments: